Program Support Officer – Banksia Hill
- Part time, Fixed term contract until December 2019, 15 hours a fortnight located in Canning Vale
- Level 2.1 of the Social, Community, Home Care & Disability Services Industry Award 2010
About the role
The Program Support Officer is responsible for providing support to the Team Leader Metro Accommodation Services in the planning and facilitation of programs delivered at Banksia Hill Detention Centre. The position will require you to build report and working relationships with young people in detention, and to plan and deliver high quality programs with a person-centred and youth friendly approach.
- Provide mentoring and support to the young people.
- Encourage and support young people to take responsibility and make positive future choices
- Planning and development support of Banksia Hill programs in a timely manner
- Knowledge and understanding of the determinants of health affecting young detainees and issues faced by young people leading to criminogenic behaviours
- Provide support in weekly and monthly program reports.
- Provide support in collection and collaboration of Evaluation
- Participate in the implementation of OSH policies and procedures
- Manage and report risks
- Follow workplace procedures for hazard identification and risk control
- Collect quality data and statistics required for funding bodies
- Participate in quality assurance activities and evaluation of HOPE
- Provide support for all contractual requirements.
- Provide support in updating program resources and materials, and administration tasks, as required
- Provide support in developing and updating the juvenile detention centre staff handbook.
Requirements of the Role
- Tertiary qualification in Community Services/ Youth Work, or in a related field
- Relevant experience in youth work, social work, community services, or other related field
- Experience in delivery of services/ facilitation of programs to young people in prison
- Experience and / or willingness to work with clients with challenging behaviours
- DCS Clearance, National Police Clearance, Working with Children Check, current unrestricted WA Driver’s Licence and current First Aid Certificate.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE – Wednesday, 10 October 2018
Please click on the SEEK link to apply: SEEK