A safe place supporting families to live free from violence.
What services are available.
Mara Pirni brings together a number of leading Family and Domestic Violence services in one place where we can work together to help victims access the services they need. These include:
- Advocacy and safety planning
- Family support and early childhood services
- Legal services
- Men’s healing services
- Cultural healing service
- Groups and activities
How to access Mara Pirni’s services.
You are welcome to simply turn up at our door if you need. We are located at 10 Brown Avenue Kalgoorlie. You can also call us on (08) 6001 7030 to speak with someone or organise a safe time and place to discuss your situation.
- Our services are available to anyone across WA.
- You do not need a referral.
- You do not need to be Aboriginal.
You are safe with us. Here’s what to expect.
On accessing Mara Pirni’s services, you will be supported by one of our Safety Advocates, who will listen to your story and provide you with a safety plan, to help ensure your safety, and a support plan, to make sure you are accessing the right services to help you. After that you will be supported until you are in a safe place.
What do I do if a friend or family member needs help?
In circumstances of Family or Domestic Violence, friends or family members are often the first ones who notice there is a problem. If you suspect there is a problem then chances are there is. Early intervention is the key to reducing the damage that can be caused so please don’t wait – call us on (08) 6001 7030 to discuss your options.
How we deliver our services.
We are here to listen, believe and support you. No matter which service you access we will always treat you with respect, keep you in control and walk side by side with you for however long you need us. As well as this person-centred approach, we also follow four key practice guidelines to ensure you always feel safe and supported.
- Our services are evidence-based and use a range of proven methods
- Our services are peer-informed, offering the support and guidance of a person with a lived experience of a similar situation to yours wherever possible
- Our services are trauma-informed to make sure you only have to tell your story once
- Our services are culturally safe and welcoming of all backgrounds, ethnicities, religions and sexualities
About Mara Pirni.
Mara Pirni is operated by Hope Community Services alongside Ngunytju Tjitji Pirni Aboriginal Corporation, One Tree Community Services, Wanslea Family Services and Aboriginal Legal Service WA.
Mara Pirni – our Family & Domestic Violence Hub